• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save for Web and Devices Screen is blacked out? Cannot save animated GIF!

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to save an animated GIF the Save for Web & Devices screen is black?? The functionality is there but I can't see the preview and when I click save it says Adobe Web Save error but the screen is black so it doesn't even say any text. I've looked in other forums and nothing similar is addressed. It's not the size of the GIF, I tried reducing this multiple times but I get the same error. I reset preferences and that doesn't work either! I'm using Adobe Photoshop 2019 CC on a Mac. Please let me know if you know how to fix this!!

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 1.39.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-02-05 at 1.42.35 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That shouldn't be happening as the Save for Web dialog is black, could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Also, please try updating to the latest version of Photoshop through the Creative Cloud desktop application and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for replying Sahil,

I followed your instructions but alas it did not work, the screen is still black. My Mac and Photoshop are both up to date. Is there any other reason for this error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines