• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save for Web Error after Photoshop update 21.2.4 on macOS 10.15.7

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone - I've seen a pretty long thread on here about people having problems with this - but it seems most of those people were using versions of Photoshop earlier than mine.

Today I updated Photoshop to version 21.2.4. (Mac) Immediately after I was no longer about to save to web image files - something I do pretty much all day every day.  Yesterday I also updared the Mac OS to Catalina 10.15.7 - this didn't create problems though - it was after todays PS update.

For the sake of sanity I tried a few of the suggestions I'd read about - Privacy settings / accessability etc - restarted, and didn't help.

In my case, from an open jpg image file, when I click for save for web, I don't even get the usual save for web window - I just got a system window (see attached), saying 'Error - The Operation could not be completed.  An unknown operating system error has occured'.

Desperate for ideas as this is critical for my daily work.

Thanks everyone

Screenshot 2020-09-30 at 17.09.42.png

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the save for web error.

Please go to the System Preferences of macOS, then Security and Privacy & select the Privacy tab. Once there, please select Accessibility from the list on the left and add Photoshop to the list by unlocking the window using the lock icon. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access. Once done, restart the computer and let us know if that helps.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil - I tried both of those changes and restarted and it didn't solve the problem.

Any other ideas anybody?  My workflow has halted and it's an absolute disaster to be honest.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save for Web has been deprecated – replaced by File > Export > Save As ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek - thanks for your reply.  Do you mean 'Save As' or File > Export > Export As ?  The latter seems to bring up a window that does allow similar controls such as a sliding quality control, which was really the main reason for using it.

Attached is what I'm talking about....

Many thank

Screenshot 2020-10-01 at 14.53.57.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes sorry, File > Export > Export As...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Superb.  Derek you're a star.  Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines