Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save for web error - Mac OS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have an issue saving gif for web with my OS to Catalina (10.15.2).

When I try to save, there's a message saying :

"Adobe save for web error. Could not complete this operation. An unknown operating system error has occured."

I tried to delete "save for web prefs.psp" but nothing has changed.

Capture d’écran 2019-12-18 à 09.57.14.png

Capture d’écran 2019-12-18 à 09.55.45.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 153 Replies 153
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, what is the version of Photoshop ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I am ahving the same problem. I am using Photoshop CC 2019. I try to export using Save for Web (Legacy) but it gives me the same error. I tried using a windows computer too but it did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem and using the most current photoshop, 19.1.0.  I weekly have to save images for the web and then now it will not work.  Thought my file might be corrupt, but tried several I made legacy jpegs for and I get the same error.

I then thought it was maybe a memory problem, so purged lots of files to free up space.  Still same error.

This is a big problem for since I just updated to Catalina 10.15.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

19.1 is not the most current update to Photoshop. The current update is 21.0.2 and this issue is resolved in that version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You keep telling people to use the latest Photoshop upgrade, and to reset preferences. THIS IS NOT SOLVING THE PROBLEM! I've tried every single one of the suggestions from both Adobe and the support forum, and nothing works. Still cannot use Save for Web feature, and the "Export As," while usable, is very limited. Come ON Adobe! Get on this. Someone said the Save for Web feature was legacy and no longer supported. Is this true? And if so, was the upgrade to Mac OS Catalina the straw that finally ended it? Please don't tell me to trash old preferences or make sure I'm using the latest versions. I assure you that I am. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

21.0.2 - CC 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am ahving the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

Is it widespreaded or just particular cases?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. I just finished chatting with Adobe support and was told it is a known issue with Catalina that they are working on... And I thought I'd waited long enough to update. : /

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an update it's CC2020. This issue was addressed with that update as far as I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently having the same problem in Photoshop 2020 in Catalina. Did not have this problem with  PS 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is NOT a correct answer. I've updated to the latest Photoshop 21.0.3 and the latest Catalina, and the problem is still persisting. I tried to allow Photoshop Full Disk Access, and my machine won't allow me to add PSD to this list in Privacy (System settings). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a known issue with CC2019 and Catalina. The solution is to update your Photoshop to CC2020 (21.0.2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same issue with photoshop CC 2020. Anyone has a solution ?

I work on Mac Catalina 10.15.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you run all available updates for Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated it to the latest version and now works perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still not working for me too...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Community Professionals,

Please read all the comments. I, along with many others in this thread and elsewhere, have tried everything – and still get this same annoying error. I always run every update, and have in this case too. For Catalina and for Photoshop, This is absolutely an issue with the new Photoshop. Someone needs to be straight and tell us if the Save For Web (legacy) version is Dead and Gone. I've heard this from some other people, but I'm trying not to trust it until it comes from Adobe, and I never get a straight answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too can't solve this for the life of me. The only work around I found is: file > export > save for web legacy.... then adjust your settings to whatever you like...> click the PREVIEW button IN THE BOTTOM LEFT CORNER ...when the preview window pops up you can save the file from there by CONTROL clicking (on a mac) on the image > save image as.

Such an idiotic way to have to do this I know. It works for all file types including animated gifs.   BrowserPreview_tmp.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the ONLY workaround I've found, too. And, of course, Adobe remains silent. Since I first started using Adobe products daily in 1988 (with Illustrator '88), I've never seen a non-response like this. Or a bigger screw up. Ignoring a problem won't make it go away. This has been such a huge blunder. This adds 10 seconds to every image I process for the Web. It's like taking a step back to the mid 1990s or something. Pre-Photoshop layers, even! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried this workaround but every time I get this error, insights would be appreciated!Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 3.49.57 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix that worked for me for this is to give Google Chrome full disk access in System Preferences (Security & Privacy > Privacy > Full Disk Access > + > Google Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me - makes sense. Would be based on your default browser settings as the Save For Web tries to communicate with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started with Adobe 88 as well!

This animated gif problem has been a real hassle and unfortunately Adobe still even uses the terminology "Save for Web (Legacy)" what a letdown! ...Adobe please fix this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines