Save for web error - Mac OS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have an issue saving gif for web with my OS to Catalina (10.15.2).

When I try to save, there's a message saying :

"Adobe save for web error. Could not complete this operation. An unknown operating system error has occured."

I tried to delete "save for web prefs.psp" but nothing has changed.

Capture d’écran 2019-12-18 à 09.57.14.png

Capture d’écran 2019-12-18 à 09.55.45.png

Topics

Bug, Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the updated version and am still experiencing this problem. After being frustrated and trying everything to fix it on photoshop I FINALLY got something to work. So what worked for me was going to my render settings in after effects and changing my format to "PNG sequence" and channels to "RGB+Alpha" (for transparent backgrounds) then under my save settings when I export I click the check to save in subfolder and named it (because its gonna be a bunch of still image files and you don't want those floating around everywhere) then when I open it in photoshop I just selected one of the still image files and the checkbox for "image sequence" which open it up like normal in photoshop with a timeline. After that my export -> save for web settings worked like normal and I was able to export it as a gif without the error pop up. 

hopefully, this works for everyone else here too but I almost cried tears of joy when I figured this out, maybe photoshop was having trouble because it was previously a video file idk

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Para quem ainda não conseguiu resolver o problema, eu consegui resolver no meu mac dessa forma.

Captura de Tela 2020-04-13 às 17.38.23.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dont save file directly, click on preview (bottom left) it will open the file in safari, download from there!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, according to the release notes, Ps 21.1.3 fixes this very issue: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html#photoshop-desktop-fixed-issues 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me. After months, I'm back to exporting web files ... just in time to teach my class next week.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I've had a same issue.

Have a SOLUTION: I used  ⌥⌘S, which appears to be legacy stuff.

What to use? ⌥⇧⌘W

Works as a charm!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines