Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save for web error - Mac OS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have an issue saving gif for web with my OS to Catalina (10.15.2).

When I try to save, there's a message saying :

"Adobe save for web error. Could not complete this operation. An unknown operating system error has occured."

I tried to delete "save for web prefs.psp" but nothing has changed.

Capture d’écran 2019-12-18 à 09.57.14.png

Capture d’écran 2019-12-18 à 09.55.45.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 153 Replies 153
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem same eror -

Adobe Photoshop CC 2019   version 20. 0. 4

Mac Os Catalina 10.15.2

it realy kills all work pleasure - how to fix it? anyone helps  Please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue now on all of my files. Everytime I try to save for the web, I get that error message. I have followed all of the suggestions you provided, including adding photoshop in the system's accessibility. I restarted my iMac, and when I tried saving for web, I still recieved the error message. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Cannot export "Save for Web/Legacy." Big problem for me because I teach Photoshop classes and this is a part of what I teach. I've tried every fix mentioned on this site. I've reinstalled preferences, running latest mac operating system, latest version of Photoshop, etc.

Same error. Every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Always get the error 😞 

I have the latest Adobe CC Photoshop and Catalina version installed on my mac. 

Please fix it, Adobe! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem as above users here.  Really frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone got a solution for this? Is still happening to me! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to report that over here, I encountered the same error.

I have an image which I am slicing into a grid of 8. The images will be uploaded into a website gallery where they will appear to be one fullscreen seamless image, but as you roll over each section, the image dims and a clickable navigation header appears. So the slice tool is perfect for this. I sliced image into perfectly sized 8 pieces and went to Export > Save for Web (Legacy) and got that same error everybody mentions! 

What I did:
I'm running Mac OS Catalina 10.15.5 
I updated from PSD 2017 to PSD 2020 (version 21.2.4). When I updated, I unchecked "Save Preferences" just in case.

I exported the slices to a folder and all went perfectly this time, no error...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everone,

I have an issue saving gifs for web with my photoshop. I recently updated my OS to Catalina.

When I try to save the gif, there's a message saying

"Could not complete this operation
An unknown operating system error has occurred."

I've uninstalled and reunstalled my photoshop but it stilll didn't work. and I also resetted PRAM but it still didn't work. I've also reduced the image size but it didn't work. I also resetted photoshop preferences It didn't help. This problem happens after I updated my OS to Catalina. I've googled it but I couldn't find solution. If anyone knows how to solve this problem that would be really helpful, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That isn't a great user experience as Photoshop is crashing when using the Save for Web command, we're sorry to hear about this. Let us help make it right.

Could you try resetting Photoshop's preferences & see if it helps? 
https://t.co/ulJI7cGn1G

You may want to backup your settings beforehand: 
https://t.co/4dX7gkr36D

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this too, and it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the suggestion mentioned below by NB__colourmanagement helped the cause? Let us know so that we may help with further troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure that all of us having this problem (me included) have attempted to save files to a variety of different folders, and even folders on other drives. OUR settings and preferences aren't the problem. This is obviously a problem within Photoshop and related to Mac OS Catalina. This is also a very inconvenient problem, and it would be good if you would continue following up and invest all available resources to solve the problem. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

maybe try saving to a new location, it could be that the destination folder is locked or has the worng permissions.

to repair permissions on a mac have alook at Apples help pages.

I hope this helps

if so, please "like" my reply and if you're OK now, please mark it as "correct", so that others who have similar issues can see the solution

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net

[please do not use the reply button on a message in the thread, only use the one at the top of the page, to maintain chronological order]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I've tried many things like restarting, changing preferences, even reinstalled it but it is the same issue whenever I try to Export Save for Web(Legacy).

Anyone have any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I have updated Photoshop, Catalina, and I have followed instructions on other threads to reset various aspects of my computer and preferences. I am putting this in so that someone from Adobe sees the issue and actually does something about it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issu. This is INSANE , I'm freaking out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error appears today in my MacBook Pro, when I choose to Export -> Save for Web -> set for JPG, GIF or PNG -> Save, shows the following error message. I already delete the files Adobe Save For Web CC 2018 and Adobe Save For Web CC 2019, but remains.

Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 2.14.53 PM.png

Any real solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the save for web error, could you please try updating Photoshop to version 21.0.2 via the Creative Cloud Desktop app and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem. Got a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. It is a BUG Captura de pantalla 2020-01-14 11.25.25.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.2

I use Save for Web extensively every day and it has just suddenly stopped working today.

Error message reads "Could not complete this operation. An unknown error has occurred."

I have tried every workaround recommended but nothing works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Have you tried resetting the preferences? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#AdjustpreferencesinPhotoshop

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had, but just to be sure, I went through all of that again.

Now my Photoshop looks weird but still the same error message 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You get the same error exporting in any location on your computer? Because some times you can have trouble with a specific folder, hard drive, network location, etc.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error occurs as soon as I press the "Save..." button on the Save for Web dialog, before I choose a location.

A window opens up at the same time to enter a filename, but when I press "Save" on that dialog nothing is actually saved.

I have tried various locations, but since the error occurs before the choice I don't think that's the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines