Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save for web error - Mac OS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have an issue saving gif for web with my OS to Catalina (10.15.2).

When I try to save, there's a message saying :

"Adobe save for web error. Could not complete this operation. An unknown operating system error has occured."

I tried to delete "save for web prefs.psp" but nothing has changed.

Capture d’écran 2019-12-18 à 09.57.14.png

Capture d’écran 2019-12-18 à 09.55.45.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 153 Replies 153
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But sill not working with sliced document.
Cheked on macOS Big Sur - still unresolved problem 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-11-17 at 15.52.23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, have you come up with a solution for this yet? Is been almost a year since this post, and I wasn't able to find solutions to the problem in this thread. Very frustating.

I am experiencing the same problem with my Photoshops (I tried it with Photoshop 21 (22.0.1), 20 (21.2.2) and 19 (20.0.7) and all have some exporting problem when saving for web) on macOS Catalina 10.15.5.
I had this problem yesterday, but it has already happened before a few times in the past – it is not a constant problem. I tried resetting photoshop and my computer, but it was ineffective.

This is enfuriating. It is such a small bug that made me lose 30 min of work trying to solve it yesterday, before I luckily could send the .psd to a colleague to export .gifs for me.
I'm very afraid of the day in which photoshop will let me down when I need it the most to solve something fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big Sur 11.0.1
PS 22.0.1
Same problem. I deleted the preferences, restarted and cannot save for web legacy.
Are we going to get this fixed or nah? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm on Catalina 10.15.7 with PS 22.0.1 and all is working when i use "save for the web legacy".  At this time i can't test with Big Sur but i'm going to find ther answer.
For the preferences do you do like this ?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

You can also try with Creative Cloud Cleaner :

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Let us know if it help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, it actually started working again. I have no idea what changed.

Thank you for reolygin.

[Priavte information removed by Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS 2021 the "Save for web works" however PS 2019 it does not. I have to use PS 2019 since 2021 lags when I try and use my drawing tablet. So right now, I have to work in 2019 then save the PSD and then open it in 2021 to use the "Save for Web". A complete pain in the ass. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you remove my contact info, please?
I replied by email and I wasn't aware that the entire email with my signature & contact info would post publicly.
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, am getting this error. Funny, it worked this morning, and didn't this afternoon. Really threw a wrench into my Christmas get out of the office early! I did the Photopea workaround which was fine, but not what I want to keep doing! BTW, I am up to date on everything. What is going on???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Same problem. Last version Big Sur and PS 2021. 
Didn't save web GIF.
No more dollars for Adobe company from my side. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS Big Sur latest version, PS 2021, Mac Mini M1. Same problem. Have PS 2021 also running on my MacBook Pro on Big Sur and there it is no problem...

Cheers --Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also experience this problem and I can't find a solution to fix it:

Screenshot 2021-02-04 at 13.58.05.png

macOS Big Sur 11.1 (20C69)

Adobe PS 22.1.1.

Does anybody know the solution to my problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so... Haven't had a useful reply. I can tell you that an update to Big Sur 11.2 (available since this week) didn't change anything.

Cheers --Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, and what helped me was holding down the alt key in the save for web dialog - that changes the Cancel and Done buttons to Reset and Remember. Clicking on those made the problem go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Skærmbillede 2021-03-10 kl. 11.49.04.png

Here is the screenshot from the Save for web dialog box. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled the latest version of Photoshop and then istalled an older one instead. It's now working. I'm on a Mac and was on the up to date version for March 24th 2021...  on the current version of Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I have the latest version of PS installed and Catalina- The Save for Web WAS working then about 10 minutes ago- I get the error again. I swear I should be able to sue Abobe for the amount of lost work time trying to troubleshoot their buggy updates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete that version and upload an older version- that worked for me (based
in someone else’s post!)--
Jane Farrar
Round Circle Design Ltd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope- 2019 does not work either. I checked my permissions in the system preferences and Photoshop has full access. But I cannot use the Save for Web- even though it worked earlier today. I have updated Catalina and restarted. Nothing works and of course, Adobe has no solution since they make more money than God and refuse to have any sort of real customer service. Instead we have to reply on posting here and having the issues ignored forever. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earlier in this thread there was the following suggestion which worked for me: The fix that worked for me for this is to give Google Chrome full disk access in System Preferences (Security & Privacy > Privacy > Full Disk Access > + > Google Chrome.

You might need to give Firefox or whatever browser you are using permissions - maybe moving from default OS browser causes this issue.  Seems there's some comms between Photoshop and browser in prepreation for the preview function. Also I've noted from Wacom issues, that Privacy settings might work for first 30mins(?) after login on Mac and then lockup. So might be related - doubtful but maybe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah- I tried the permissions trick but still no luck. This is beyond frustrating. It worked this morning and now it doesn't. It didn't work on 2019 but it did for 2021- now it won't work on either. I can't upgrade to Big Sur because other programs I use aren't compliant yet, here here I am stuck, like others as Adobe continues to take my money and provide me with buggy software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also discovered that just repeatedly trying Save For Web (which will complain a few times then work...) and then also when clicking Save inside the Save For Web (again complains a couple of times but then works...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only solution that was successfull for me, is keeping a 2019 version of Photoshop just for the sake of exporting from "Save as".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your input, & disk settings under `System Preferences > Security & Privacy`? I also have 2019 installed, but my Save for Web is not working either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason we've heard no answer from Adobe is that Adobe, CreativeCloud, and its dozens of hidden "helper" apps get more and more intrusive into your system with each passing year. Apple introduced a lot of privacy and system sandboxing features with Catalina, and now Adobe doesn't want to spend time getting "Save for Web" to work again without relenting on some of those system intrusions. It's easier for them to just call it "legacy", even though hundreds and thousands of people still rely on that functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines