Highlighted

Save for web error Mac OS Catalina

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when I try to Save for Web in Photoshop (version 21.1)using Mac OS Catalina (Version 10.15.3) I get an error message "Could not complete this operation. An unknown error has occured."

How can I fix this?

Topics

Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Save for web error Mac OS Catalina

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when I try to Save for Web in Photoshop (version 21.1)using Mac OS Catalina (Version 10.15.3) I get an error message "Could not complete this operation. An unknown error has occured."

How can I fix this?

Topics

Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to update Photoshop, the bug is fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of Photoshop (ver 21.1). When I login to Creative Cloud there is no update to Photoshop available.

I still get the message "Could not complete this operation. Un unknown error has occured."

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. When I try to Save for Web in Photoshop I get the error message "Could not complete this operation. An unknown error has occured." I am using version 21.1.1 and Catalina 10.15.4. The bug is still there.

I have hundreds of tiff images that I need to resize and export as jpg, and the 'export as' doesn't get recorded in actions panel. What am I supposed to do? Adjust them one by one?

This is ridiculous. It's an expensive software. This is wrong.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still getting this error. It's been months! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. Total lack of respect for the customer. What a shame.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines