Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save for web error on Photoshop - Mac OS Catalina 10.15.2

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2019 Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have a problem with Photoshop release 19.1.5. Last night my Mac has been update to Catalina 10.15.2.

Since then, when I try to export a GIF with "Save as we (legacy)" this error pops up:

"Could no complete this operation an unknown operating system error has occurred."

Is there someone who knows how to fix it?

Save for web error.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, thanks for your reply. I edited the post.

The Adobe program is Photoshop release 19.1.5

Mac Os release Catalina 10.15.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your question from Get Started to Photoshop forum. 

Photoshop versions 21.0 & 20.0.7 work with macOS 10.15 (Catalina) but have these known compatibility issues.  I realize you already upgraded your OS but anyone else who reads this may want to postpone the leap to Catalina until these issues have been resolved.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy!

I agreed with you! I suggest to avoid to upgrade to new release of Catalina 10.15.2!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy. Has this issue been resolved? So everyone that updated to the latest Catalina version (21.0.3 for me) are just "stuck?" I've tried everything to get Save for Web to work, and it just won't. And I've been working on Macs and with Adobe products since they came out. Yes, like 1989!! I know my way around the OS and all the ins/outs of Photoshop and all Adobe products. Someone somewhere (I read) said the Save for Web was in legacy and was going away. I just want my easy, fast, perfect "Save for Web" to work again!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good riddance to that legacy Save for Web feature.  I stopped using it years ago.  It's not fit for purpose.  That's why it's a legacy feature.  For modern web, Export > Export As is more practical for saving images.  Give it a try.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the problem with Export as is that it can't be recorded in an action which is a major problem when using actions and especially when having huge batches. This is reallly really really a set back. :-S  
As long as Export as can't be recorded it is not a replacement for Save for web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly right, Spritt_DK! Not only that, but it seems that it will not save my last export settings, so I can't just fly through repeating save for web and have it be 30% quality, for instance. I have to go through the settings one at a time and set them each time. HUGE time suck. Really poor execution. I've read somewhere it's the way in which the images are being processed now with the new Mac OS and Adobe is following along, but I would think they could make the interface at least similar. I know some people may need to save off an image in all the different sizes etc. at once, but I don't use it that way when doing initial designing or just adding individual elements to a site. And, of course, no one has answered how they will do gif animations out of Photoshop now using Export As? I don't know if it's possible, or if we're being steered toward using something else to create them (though I rarely create them, because they are a huge step back from everything that came after the initial gif animations back in the late 1990s!) Everything comes full circle again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this error in Photoshop 20.0.8 on Catalina. I am not upgrading photoshop as the rest of my team are on High Sierra which cannot update photoshop higher than 20.0.8 and we need to run the same version of Photoshop.
My bigest problem is that  I use  Save for Web in Actions and I can't use Export As or Quick Export instead as they are being not recorded in Actions. I really need a solution – does anybody have any? :-S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Catalina is now 10.15.3 on my Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines