• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: Unable to export Save for Web in Photoshop 22.3 Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After update to Photoshop 22.3.0 today export to Save for Web (Legacy) stopped working. Opens up a error message: The operation could not be completed.

Quick export is working ok. 

Legacy Save for Web error.jpg

{Moderator note: Edited the thread title, PS-60637}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Hi there,

This issue should be fixed in the Photoshop 22.3.1 update that went live today. This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug fixes and security updates

To update Photoshop to 22.3.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. See: More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working OK here with 22.3 in Windows 10. Have you tried resetting preferences?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here!

I tried to reset the preferences but it did not work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, reset the preferences did not work. I have updated graphic card driver and tried without graphic processor enabled.

Without success. 

But I can use quick export or save as.

Error is on my workstation with Windows 10 Pro for Workstations (20H2), on my laptop with Windows 10 Pro (20H2) it is working ok.  

This issue is also reported to support. They said I have to go back to previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the issue with the 22.3 version, by going back to the 22.2  the "save for the web" work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is the export as, work round is to set the quick export setting to what you want IE svg and do a quick export, else the export as just does not work at all....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This started happening to me overnight on 22.2, I contacted support and I was recommended to use 21.2.6 untill this bug is fixed. 22.3 is out but the problem remains. I've already reset the configurations and even reinstalled the whole program, it didn't work.

On 21.2.6 it works just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my Photoshop to 22.3, the most recent version and now whenever I try to "Save for web" either through the keyboard shortcut alt, cntrl, shift, S or through the menu File, export, save for web (legacy mode) I get this error

"Operation could not be completed" (Please see screenshot attached)

I'm on Windows 10

I have tons of ram (128gb), I7 extreme processor and GTX Titan Black video card, so I know it's not for lack of power.

Anyone?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save for Web is Broken in 22.3.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sux. Now I have to rollback. Do you know if Adobe is aware of the bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We have acknowledged this issue as a bug and working on it. In the meanwhile, you can roll back to the previous version of Photoshop 22.2 to resolve this specific issue.

We're really sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I rolled back to the 22.2 and its still giving me the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Macbook Pro High Siera and I am unable to export gif files now. I'm using 21.2.8 and tried rolling back to 20.0.10 with no luck. Reset preferences to no avail as well. The only work around was to export gif at 50% size, but that's not an option for what I need it for. It's very frustrating as I need to be able to export gif files for work. How can I roll back to a version that will work if no other version shows up on my CC account?

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workaround for this has just been ‘save as’ then select gif as file type!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but it's an animation for a web banner. I'm currently updating my computer, just tried current photoshop with Catalina to no avail, so now updating to Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to Big Sur and PS 22.4.1 and still no luck. This is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get it to work? I'm on 22.4.1 and now my save for web legacy gif options stopped working. I think it might have been working for me on 22.3 but I'm not sure. It's definitely not working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not and ended up with a lesser quality gif using an online mp4 to gif converter. Nothing but crickets from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the preview workaround not work for you? I also got held up trying to create animated gif banners, but found that the preview trick lets you export at full size with all options. A PITA, bit easier than having to run through another app...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Kevin. I had seen that suggestion and tried it, but I got the same error message when I clicked on "preview." I'm hoping it magically fixes itself tomorrow. I'll try a full restart. Other than that, I'm not sure what else to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your fast response. This is disappointing. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirming preview doesn't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working with 22.4.1  Save for web legacy returns error "Could not complete this operation"  Save for web used to work. This error is new.  Will give my machine a restart and cross fingers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

POSSIBLE REASON:  

I belive the file size was oo large.  Frames must be equal to or less then 500.  It was.  But subsequent to this experience I was able to create a gif  successfully.

Does anyone knwo the max file size?

Cutter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea I'm having no luck with this too - I've tried every single possible setting, it's as you said: ridiculous! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines