• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save for Web Error?

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently trying to export a GIF from Photoshop CC 2014 but I keep encountering this error message:

ahh.PNG

I have read previous forum post saying to delete Adobe Save For Web 12.0 Prefs but I cannot navigate to the

file's location, nor does it come up in a search. I have also tried changing the image/canvas size of the gif too.

It was exporting GIFs perfectly 24 hours ago. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

I am using Windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

If this issue persists, try checking the image size to compare to the canvas size. I had the same issue and found this to help. Make sure the image size is not something like 20,000 inches. Try making it smaller or changing the measurement to pixels, if it is not already. Next, make sure the canvas size is not smaller than the image size, nor bigger than it. If so, change it to the same size with the same measurement of pixels or whatever the image's is. Try saving for web, again. This should wo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Contributor ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same problem.

With the new 22.3 release I got the export error (Removed competely all cache files, checked all sizes, ... ) nothing helped

I rollback to 22.2 and every thing is OK with the same file !!!!! 

Is it possible to get a new release with only SOLVED bugs and NO ADDED bugs

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with the 22.3 release, I've done everything to try and fix it and I'm still getting the error "The operation could not be completed" when I do file > export > save for web. I uninstalled it, installed 22.2 and it works fine, I uninstalled 22.2 and then reinstalled 22.3 for about the 3rd time I think and it gives me the error again. There must be a bug in the new 22.3, I'm just going to use 22.2 for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED. I think.

Been super frustrated with the "Save for Web' Legacy Error in PS 2021 on Mac. Strangely it worked fine when I created another user account on my mac, so I knew it wasnt a software issue. 

I dug deeper into the 'Preferences' and found one setting that made it work again. 

Preferences > Technology Previews > Enable optimized Export As 
Note: This was left unchecked, and when i enabled it, the Save for Web worked!
I quit photoshop and restarted a few times to test and make sure it was still working, and it was!

Yay for all of us struggling!! It's been a big pain. Weirdly after spending 1hr 15 minutes with an expert from Adobe, she made me try every single thing in the book from renaming source files, to deleting plugins, reinstalling, installing older versions and many more things, she was completely unaware of these settings, and I'm shocked after so many users across the board having this issue, not one person from Adobe has bothered to address it, considering it was 1 setting within the app that had to be enabled. That is disappointing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't fix the issue for me, still doing the same thing when I do export > save for web. I made the change, closed photoshop, reopened and still same error, restarted computer and still same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me I have tried everything possible without any success. Very dissapointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having the issue, as well.  On MacBook Pro 2019, Big Sur, latest version of Photoshop: 22.3.1.

Anyone heard when Adobe will fix the Export for Web issue?  I've updated my preferences and gave full disk access to Photoshop.  Hate to go to a previous version of Photoshop.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now May and this didn't solve it for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So turns out it was a Dropbox issue for me. I had signed on for dropbox to automatically backup my desktop, documents etc on my mac. I opted out of that and i've never faced the Save For Web error since. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update!

It was a dropbox issue. If you have 'Back up Mac' option turned on in your dropbox, where it automatically backsup your desktop, documents etc. Cancel that. I havent received the Save For Web error since I did that. Also noticed some other users facing same issue had the same dropbox feature turned on.

try it out and let us know if it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Grahb, I don't think I have that 'Back up Mac' option enabled. How do I know if it is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This WORKED!!!  I disabled my Dropbox auto back up of my desktop, documents and download folders.  Everything is back to working again, FINALLY.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I had the same problem and I reduced my image size and it worked! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MAY 2022: I have this same problem using 23.3.2 release of PS on macOS monterey with the M1 chip. I tried many of the suggestions above but none of them worked for me. some of the settings mentioned no longer exist for me. This is the first time I have tried to make a gif on the new M1 chip machine 

I opened the exact same file on an older Mac with intel chip running PS 23.3.1 release and it worked  fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines