• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save for Web Error?

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently trying to export a GIF from Photoshop CC 2014 but I keep encountering this error message:

ahh.PNG

I have read previous forum post saying to delete Adobe Save For Web 12.0 Prefs but I cannot navigate to the

file's location, nor does it come up in a search. I have also tried changing the image/canvas size of the gif too.

It was exporting GIFs perfectly 24 hours ago. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

I am using Windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

If this issue persists, try checking the image size to compare to the canvas size. I had the same issue and found this to help. Make sure the image size is not something like 20,000 inches. Try making it smaller or changing the measurement to pixels, if it is not already. Next, make sure the canvas size is not smaller than the image size, nor bigger than it. If so, change it to the same size with the same measurement of pixels or whatever the image's is. Try saving for web, again. This should wo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally. Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks SO much! Finally, a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay this may be weird a easy fix. I have been trying to save a gif in Save for Web (Legacy). I kept recieving the error that I have seen thrown around in this thread. Before my file was listed containing hyghfens not underscores. I thought for a second that maybe changing the hyphens to underscore will help since you typically use underscores when naming files when creating html and css files. To my surprise it works. Make sure your file does not contain any hyphens USE_UNDERSCORE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use the Legacy Save for Web and having the same issue, and have tried the above couple of solutions with no sucess.  

I've looked at the Export As feature and it's similar to the Legacy but I would like the abilty to set approximate file size as you can do in Legacy.  If anyone has any other solutions to fix the Save for Web problem or how to get the Export As feature to control file size please let me know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried granting full disk access, and using underscore instead of hypens, but issue is still occuring. Has anyone been able to figure out another solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having to rely on Export as... but not a fix-all. Hoping the update this week fixed it, NOT!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed it! 2019 version was not replaced in the update and dock icon was linking to PS 2019!

"I had the same problem until I realized I was working in the 2019 version. Switched to 2020 and it worked perfectly."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked, thank you so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this! Had the same problem over the past week, didn't notice that after the recent update to 2020 version it hadn't updated in the 'dock'... was still the 2019 version! Swapped it out and all is well. Also did the security fix allowing PS access just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks this worked for me 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated Photoshop to newest version (Mac is updated as well), and tried every solution in this thread still did not fix problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem I tried all this variations (to solved)  - but NO - just Nothing helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is there an update on this matter? It's May 2021,  Photoshop has access to my disk, I already resetted my preferences, and I updated to the newest version of Photoshop.

Thank you in advance,

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this issue many times! this time I've tried to clean my video cache, edit>purge>Video Cache. Then I restarted photoshop and now is working...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. None of the suggestions that I have seen on these forums has worked for me. Latest Photoshop 2020 on macOS Catalina 10.15.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgrading to Photoshop 2020 on macOS Catalina 10.15.2 worked for me and was able to Export for Web Legacy successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgrading photoshop worked for me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Worked! 

Im UPDATED to Adobe Photoshop CC 2020

21.0.3 Release! 

And it's worked! Save as for Web (Legacy)!

YES! 

Thank you Adobe team!

no erors  - everythink is great!

Screen Shot 2020-02-08 at 22.47.23.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-08 at 22.51.16.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now in June 2020, I was having the same problem and realized that I needed to delete 2019 photoshop, as it was defaulting back to it, which created the problem after I upgraded to the lates software and am using Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, switching from 2019 to 2020 worked for me! So frustrating when something doesn't work and you have no idea why until you Google it and find other helpful people dealing with the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced this problem too with Photoshop 2020 & 2021. But I tried the following, and it worked for me. I was able to export to web again by doing this: Preferences > Performance > Increase 'Memory Usage'. 

Screenshot 2020-10-27 at 15.08.02.png

I hope this fix will work for others as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My OS is Catalina 10.15.7 and I'm using Photoshop 2021 (22.0.0)

I tried doing:  Preferences > Performance > Increase 'Memory Usage' as well as Photoshop added to "System Preferences / Security & Privacy / Full Disc access" and it did not work.

What worked for me so far: My file name had a date so I was using a (backslash) /. When I saved it for web legacy, I replaced the backslash with a period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys i too have been having major issues with the save for web legacy saga so i took someones advice on page one and went to  export as: but when i post them  to various websites, mainly tumblr facebook etc. they don't Animate is there something i'm not doing right and i absolutely lol refuse to go with save for web legacy i'm loving the quickness with the export as.

help please:D!!

drf.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem started for me a few days ago and was driving me crazy! Tried everything. What finally worked was uninstalling the most recent version of Photoshop and reinstalling the previous version. All good now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to clear out a bunch of Temp files as well as the Recycling Bin to solve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines