Highlighted

Save for Web file size is not accurate when viewed on desktop

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed that when making banner ads that need to be saved under 40K, i'll use save to web feature where i can do a 2 pane window to see the before and after results of my settings. If i need to crunch down the file size I adjust the compression slider and see the file size go down.  However If i get it to 38k or 39k after I save the file, I view the file on my desktop or server folder and see that the file size can end up being up to 45k or higher outside of photoshop.

Ive searched for articles on this but its a difficult thing to specify. Thanks for the help. I'd just like to know why and what the tolerances are so I can do this process confidently.

Thanks.

Jeff

TOPICS
FAQ, How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Save for Web file size is not accurate when viewed on desktop

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed that when making banner ads that need to be saved under 40K, i'll use save to web feature where i can do a 2 pane window to see the before and after results of my settings. If i need to crunch down the file size I adjust the compression slider and see the file size go down.  However If i get it to 38k or 39k after I save the file, I view the file on my desktop or server folder and see that the file size can end up being up to 45k or higher outside of photoshop.

Ive searched for articles on this but its a difficult thing to specify. Thanks for the help. I'd just like to know why and what the tolerances are so I can do this process confidently.

Thanks.

Jeff

TOPICS
FAQ, How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you still using Save for Web? It's a deprecated legacy feature and we've been using Export As for quite a few years. Try Export As, it also shows you the estimated file size and it should be better.

I don;t think adobe still develop Save for Web and they may remove it soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0