Highlighted

Save for Web file size

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wanting to create a gif from a file I made in After Effects. No matter what size I make the video, when I go to save it for the web, the file size jumps up to around 20MB.

For example, I imported a .mp4 file that was 1.8MB, but when I saved it for the web and did a ton of setting edits in photoshop to get it smaller, it still exported as an 18.3 MB gif. The same video file that was 5.1 MB exported as a 19.7 MB gif. Is there something I am doing wrong? 

TOPICS
Import and export, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Save for Web file size

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wanting to create a gif from a file I made in After Effects. No matter what size I make the video, when I go to save it for the web, the file size jumps up to around 20MB.

For example, I imported a .mp4 file that was 1.8MB, but when I saved it for the web and did a ton of setting edits in photoshop to get it smaller, it still exported as an 18.3 MB gif. The same video file that was 5.1 MB exported as a 19.7 MB gif. Is there something I am doing wrong? 

TOPICS
Import and export, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 09, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MP4 encoding is fare better than GIF enncoding and support Color beter the Gif and auso audio.  GIF is old and only support up to 256 color.  Browsers have MP4 support uset you mp4. Can the Gif.  Gif vs MP4 

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is I need it to be a gif because I need to to be continuously looping without hitting a play button and it's going to be on a website.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 0
JJMack LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I posted! MP4 can loop just like GIF ..... looped 

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 0