'Save for Web' not working Photoshop CC 2020

New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, 

My save for web option is not working. Every time I try to save using the Save for Web ( Legacy) option I get an error message. 

Please help! 

TOPICS
Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe my only chance is to update to Catalina, wich i wont....  😞

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-catalina.html#AdobeSaveforWebError

Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 15.05.10.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem Running most current version of Photoshop and up to date OSx 10.15.7 Catalina.

Restarting does not work.  No stange characters in filename.  I tried reducing file size.  This is ridiculous...  do I really have to download and install the free software GIMP because the Adobe software I pay for cant do this basic function!?  Adobe get your act together. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue as well and my job depends on the Save for Web function. Adobe, please fix this ASAP!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although you can use the Save for Web (Legacy) under File > Export, the feature has been deprecated and has been replaced by File > Export > Export As ...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is not acceptable. Where is the animation selection?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean ANIMATED gif?

File > Export > Save for Web (Legacy) > Gif.

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy!

That is exactly the option that is not working - now it's not working for me either - which has work all 2020 but now when I trid today I get that error message.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For static web images, I use File > Export > Export As...

Legacy Save for web is too outdated.  I won't use it anymore.  IMO there are better options available online.  Look at Adobe Spark for Photo Animations.  Or do a Google search for 'online animated gif maker'.

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Have you tried reducing the file size? It worked for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since about a month I have the same issue with PS CC 2021 on Windows 10 (64). Most actual versions of PS and Win 10 installed. I run PS in German and the error says "Der Vorgang konnte nicht abgeschlossen werden".

The function "Export as ..." is no option as it will not be recorded in a macro.

Please fix asap!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines