Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save for web not working

New Here ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

So Photoshop is working perfectly for me, except for one thing: save for web. Whenever I try to save a gif (both via the keyboard short cut and via drop down menus) I get this popup:

I've also tried saving a gif through the 'Save as' option but it just saves the first frame as a jpeg. I really am not sure whats going wrong here, the save for web option isn't greyed out, I just get the popup whenever I try to click it.

Please help!

Ally

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Hi

This is a workaround for another issue but it may help you

Invalid Numeric Entry - An integer between 96 and 8 is required

Change the value data to the corresponding amount of RAM you have installed, so if it's 8GB input 8000. 16GB input 16000 etc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ally,

We're sorry to hear about "Save for web" not working, could you please let us know which exact version of Photoshop you're working on and which operating system are you using?

Could you please have a look at this forum thread and let us know if it helps? Save for Web - The operation could not be completed. Access is denied.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have Photoshop CC 2018 and I'm running Windows 32x.

I've had a look at that thread but unfortunately it's not helped me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you both try updating Photoshop to the recently released version which is 19.1.4 via the Creative Cloud desktop application and let us know if it helps with the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil, I also started to have the same problem as described above and it seems that it occurred after the last Windows update.

I uninstalled previous and installed the latest version of Photoshop, but it did not solve the issue. In addition, I cannot even simply save as JPEG now and getting an error message "Could not complete Save As command because there is not enough memory (RAM)", but I definitely do have enough RAM memory.

My System Info:

Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.1.4 20180507.r.325 2018/05/07: 1170750  x64

Number of Launches: 1

Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

Version: 10 or greater 10.0.17134.1

Please help to fix it!

I need Photoshop almost every day and currently unable to do anything in it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This is a workaround for another issue but it may help you

Invalid Numeric Entry - An integer between 96 and 8 is required

Change the value data to the corresponding amount of RAM you have installed, so if it's 8GB input 8000. 16GB input 16000 etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged,

Thank you so much for pointing me towards this workaround, it seems to have solved the problems, at least for now..

One question: whenever this issue(s) will be fixed in the new versions of Photoshop, will I need to go back and delete this registry entry?

Thanks again,

Elena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elena, yes you will need to undo the registry entry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did work for me as well.

Thank u for sharing.

Remembering to delete in the future ...is another story.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this.. I was having trouble doing that for our website (https://www.flyjetblak.com) but your solution worked perfectly - high five! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,

I Have Photoshop CC 2018 and I am Using Windows 10 64-bit.

And the thread is not helped me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have u found the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with the latest Photoshop 20.0.4 release.  Working on a Mac, OS Catalina, 16 GB ram, 50 GB of storage.  Same error message from Save for Web (Legacy): "Can not complete this operation. An unknown error has occurred."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Mac OSX 10.15.6 running the lastest CC PSD. I downgraded my PSD several times to running v21.0 now but the same error no matter the version. I have saved the file a few different ways but whenever I use Save for Web on that file I get this error. Its really frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem on Mac and the latest photoshop release (22.0) on Mojave 😞 have you found a FIX?

Best regards!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete "Adobe Photoshop Save For Web Prefs" files located in your Adobe program files. No need to restart computer. Just open Photoshop > click Save for web > and it worked on my end. Note, I had multiple "photoshop save for web prefs" files named after 2021, 2020, and 2019. I deleted it all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked for me; thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines