• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save stuck on 0%. HELP! [2019]

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest version of Photoshop 2020 (21.0.1). I tried saving my file and it stuck on 0%. I figured because the autosave is on I can close it and I might lose only the last few things I did. God was I wrong. I lost all my work. I did some work again and decided to manually save it again. Little did I know I have the same issue. Is anyone else experiencing this? I don't know what to do. I don't want to lose everything again. I tried duplicating everything and saving that file bot it didn't work. Please help as this is important work. I'm using a 2017 Mac if that has anything to do with it.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 160 Replies 160
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The gift that keeps giving. Thanks for the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ERIC, you absolute life saver. THANK YOU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the problem right now : a photoshop file stucked a "saving : 0%", a file located on my local drive, not external

I simply "duplicate" the document (in Photoshop : image > duplicate) and juste save the duplicated document

that's all folks, can't be easier, zero time waist, no complex manipulation

cheers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish this would've worked for me ... I did the duplicate and tried to save the duplicate, but it basically told me "No you have to wait for the first thing to finish saving :)"  Unless I did something wrong?

I'm lucky I'm a frequent Ctrl+S person, so I didn't loose much ... still frustraing that this is an issue to this day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try File > Export > Export As   next time....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can hardly imagine, this option works. I tried it myself, but Photoshop doesn't save the duplicated file before it finished saving the original. And that is the one that got stuck and can't be canceled either ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked the reply button underneath the message by alexv50240868

Since some time, you cannot edit posts here anymore.... 
The solution with the linked image of course is a real good workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU

This worked like a charm. Quite simple. Did not require reassembling layers from multiple files which would be a time consuming task

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked for me! The "package" solution didn't work because even though I placed an linked image, the option remained gray-out.

Thanks Alexv50240868!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image > Duplicate and Save ...

Just worked for me in Photoshop CS6 under OS X 10.6.8 ...

Thankyou!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[cursing removed] GENIUS!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Genial, Obrigado !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A possible alternative for this that I use sometimes is to simply create a dumplicate of the file and save that... not ideal but works and is simple

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legend! Absolute Legend! Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi- Sad this isn't working for me ;(

When trying to package the document it ALSO gets stuck saving- so frustrating. I left it try and save the packaged document for 2 days with no movement. Any recos? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening to me as well. Stuck on 42% for the last hour. I left it to save overnight last night, still no movement. Force quit, lost half of my work. I've restarted my computer, and updated CC. Of course it's happening the week I have several deadlines to hit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same question to you - where are you saving to (local HD, network, external HD, etc) and are you logged in on an account that has Admin rights?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to save to an external drive on my Mac Mini that I've been using without issue up until this update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've updated to Catalina correct? That is the issue, not Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is not an issue with Catalina as people on windows are
experiencing the exact same issue
--
Kind Regards,
Alexander

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you. It's not Catalina. I have a PC too and it's doing it there too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, I'm still in Mojave (need to export my Aperture library before updating) and it just happened to me (0% progress saving). I am using an external drive as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried uninstalling Photoshop and reinstalling it, and it seems to have solved the problem. Doesn't solve the losing your work bit, but hopefully solves the issue moving forward. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also just happened to me, I am trying to save into my external SSD and no go. I even created a dupilicate and tried saving it into my local drive and same thing, does not go over 0% save. I'm out of ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines