• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save stuck on 0%. HELP! [2019]

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest version of Photoshop 2020 (21.0.1). I tried saving my file and it stuck on 0%. I figured because the autosave is on I can close it and I might lose only the last few things I did. God was I wrong. I lost all my work. I did some work again and decided to manually save it again. Little did I know I have the same issue. Is anyone else experiencing this? I don't know what to do. I don't want to lose everything again. I tried duplicating everything and saving that file bot it didn't work. Please help as this is important work. I'm using a 2017 Mac if that has anything to do with it.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 160 Replies 160
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about windows 10? 

Even when the saving is stuck, there really should be an option to force quit/resave somewhere else.

I keep switching versions and tried saving on different drives. But, this still happens biweekly basis. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't specify - but my impression (after a huge number of these posts) is that these problems only happen when people save directly to external drives. Is that the case?

Personally, I never had any problems on Windows. But all my disks, all 20 TB of them, are internal disks connected by PCIe or SATA. Those are the disks I save to - when I use external disks (or company server) it's strictly for copying files already saved internally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue!

Version 22.3.0

I keep having to force quit and although my works gets recovered, if I try to save it it freezes again. So I am only able to send my cliet screen shots. This error is insane....I can't quit my file b/c i'll lose all my work/layers and I can't save my work beacuse Photoshop freezes everytime...i've tried at least 6 times! Please help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a fix but I've been able to go to 'File > Export > Layers To Files' to at least save my layers.  Hope this helps!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a solution!!

drag and drop all of your layers into a new canvas with the same dimensions and save that. Hope that works for other people!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're sorry for the stuck issue. Could you please update Photoshop to the 22.4 version via the Creative Cloud Desktop app and check if that helps to resolve the save stuck issue. To know how to update, check out the following link: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem running Photoshop 22.4.1, with "Save As Copy" getting stuck at 0% forever, I am running on a fast laptop, saving the file to a local SSD. After a day it is still stuck at 0% and if I try a new save I am told to wait for the first save to finish. The problem is reproducible.

The saving grace (forgive the pun) for me is that Photoshop is still usable and "export" works OK, even while it is busy working forever on the "Save As Copy".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're sorry for the save stuck issue. Could you please update Photoshop to the 22.4.2 version via the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app and check if that helps to resolve the problem?

For more info related to updating Creative Cloud apps, see this: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a joke right?

I made the post in November 2019. Thats almost two years ago. Why even
bother replying? And just saying to update. Obviously we did that, probably
50 updates from the date i posted this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to the new version as soon as it came out, and I havent had a problem since. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have EVERYTHING up to date and still i get stuck on 0% save almost daily. I am loosing my mind. On my big workstation everthing works like a charm. On my really nice laptop i get this issue.

Please fix this. It is the only one program that can't save my work. I did not ever have this problem with any other piece of software. 

And i am still payng for this! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally the saving works after i uninstalled (22.4.4) and installed the previous version (22.4.3). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just copied it to a new document and saved that.....P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem usually when I've renamed a root folder containing the file I'm working on in my External drive or One drive synced online folder. 

My work around is to create a new document of the same size, then highlight and duplicate all of your layers to the new file and save it under a new name. You should be able to save this file even whilst the other file is frozen on '0% saving'. I then have to force quit photoshop to get it to close, BUT, I don't lose my edited file!

Saw this trick on another forum and it saved me many 'hair pulling' moments.

Hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tiktokhay It has been a very frustrating 2021. I can't leave for 2 minutes without PS getting stuck on saving 0%. Have you found a fix? I have wiped my iMac and finally did a fresh install of Moterey & PS 23.0.2 and it is still happening. Wonder if it is something wrong with my iMac? (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)

sadgif.gif

Screen Shot 2021-12-09 at 8.47.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-09 at 8.50.23 AM.png

Note Saving 0% on the file name & bottom left corner. 😭

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here with photoshop 23.02.

But in my case, it only happen when I using a drawing tablet but not with my mouse.

And I can save file manual only and then do nothing except quit the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to follow up in 2022, and I know this is a "Mac" question thread but this is happening on Windows as well.  Happened on my previous machine, and now on my new machine (128 GB RAM, ThinkPad, 2 TB SSD x 2 - so a very powerful machine), Windows 10, and I've had this issue now yesterday twice and today again. 

Photoshop 23.1.1 CC 2022

Lost all of my work, exporting as layers doesn't work, duplicating, I can't save any of the editable layers. The only way to save is to do a save for web but it adds a cyan square at the top left of the file for some reason, but those will save.

Use graphics processor is unchecked (as it caused issues the first time when it was checked but that doesn't seem to matter). I forget what I did to address this on my previous machine but it makes working impossible.

Just as an FYI that it's still happening three years later.  Currently updating to 23.2 to see if that fixes it 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having this issue right now. 

mac os monterey 12.3.1 on internal drive, ps up to date.

doesn't save on the cloud, on the desktop, the duplicate file, nothing works.

I'm pissed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having this issue now and none of the solutions has worked for me.  Im running Photoshop 23.4.1 on Monterey (12.4) and it doesn't save on the cloud, desktop, external HD. I really don't think that just suggesting to update to the newest version of the app is helpful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duplicating everything into a new PSD file worked for me as a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still happening. So you know, Adobe.

PS: 23.4.2

macOS 12.4

I could rant but I wont. I'm here to ask to please continue to work on it. I don't get paid for lost work. Autosave is set to every 5 minutes, too, but it never saved past the glitch 2 hours ago, and all is lost. Again.

Not sure why I wasn't looking down at the status bar today, but I shouldn't have to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a fix but:

1. if you open a new file the same size as the one you're trying to save

2. Go to your original document you're trying to save, select all your layers, right click, duplicate layers

3. In the pop up window hit the drop down and select to duplicate to the new document you just opened

4. Save your new document somewhere different to where you tried to save the original (I just go for desktop or somewhere local in case the issue is with an external drive or cloud based file hosting service).

That new document should save while the original one stays on 0 in the background.

Like I said, it ain't no fix, but it's saved my ass on nurmerous occasions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but sadly, I was trying a 2nd workaround from the File menu and Photoshop froze. I took a break, came back, and PS was still frozen. The menus were frozen. So I had to force quit. Then came to the forum to report on that.

When it happens again, I will make sure I remember #4 from your list. I think I've tried this in the last 2 years and with no success but will pay careful attention to the folders next time.

Yesterday, I had duplicated the file and tried to save that copy in I think a subfolder - but maybe it was in the same location, or maybe it can't be a subfolder. It said "Waiting..." because it was waiting for the 0% document.  When I was in the process of trying an Export in another folder it crashed.

Next time, completely unrelated folder.

savingzeropercent.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happened again just now and this trick did not work for me. I tried saving it on the desktop, then mac hd, then tried to save it to a cloud folder.

It said waiting just like my previous screenshot.

I did what I could to not lose my work. So I downloaded Gimp and dragged my layers there, which worked. I don't know if that's going to be lossless, but it's better than nothing.

I tried to move things to Illustrator but that didn't work for me. I have to read up on the many ways to move things to Illustrator in cases like these.

Also tried the Place Linked and Package trick, but it didn't work either. It displayed a progress bar that woud not progress.

Tried to created a smart object and it crashed.

Last time I tried to export each layer and it crashed.

So I'm using the Gimp file.

That's right Adobe, I had to download Gimp to save me from your problems. I think this saving glitch has been going on for 2 years for me. Sometimes I run out of endurance with Photoshop issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS 23.5 and Windows 10. Same issue. Tried every workaround here but still cannot save. 

It is ridiculous that Adobe charges a fortune for the subscription but cannot make their software work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines