• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save to computer no longer available

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of today, even if I choose to save locally, the resultant dialog box only gives me the option to save to Cloud.  I can export to a jpg, but I'd rather have the functionality I enjoyed yesterday!  I have reinstalled PS, but no change.  Is this a feature of the new version, or a bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the workflow? File > Save As on the menu bar? When working locally, you should have this dialog:

1.jpg

I believe Photoshop defaults to saving to Creative Cloud but you can easily change it in the lower left (button marked, "On your computer"). You should then have the dialog above.

2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workflow is exactly as you describe, but selecting "On your computer" returns the dialog that gives only the "Save to cloud documents" button.  I can select the computer option all day, and it'll only return the cloud option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't sound right at all. Is the dialog like mine (the first image) but without any save options (like the "Save" button in the lower right)? Could we possibly see a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good grief!  I've just gone in to do the screenshot, and now the buttons are there!  I honestly have no idea what's going on.  Tested and works as it did yesterday, so panic over, I hope.

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, you're welcome!

Something I have to ask: Are you on a Mac? The reason I ask is Mac users are having a time with video/GPU drivers in Photoshop as of recent. (Everything from crashes to screen redraw issues.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, PC.  And that is the only issue I've ever had!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Definitely look into updating your video adapter's drivers, if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines