Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save working same as Save As

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on MacOS 10.15.3

Running photoshop. When I go to save for the second, third, and fourth time the Save As window pops up and I have to click save, then replace file. 

Normally when I hit Command S the file just saves. But now when I hit Command S, save as window pops up. For someone who habitually hits Command S, this is HIGHLY irritating. Any help is greatly apprecianted. I have attempted to examine the preferences, and clicked a fgew on and off to test, but so far I have had no luck in fixing this small issue. 

EDIT: I have read & write priveleges and I am opening a layered PSD and NOT changing the format of it. 

EDIT EDIT:  I had read & write privileges clicked, however I was working on a new machine I just upgraded to. So I just clicked R&W for everyone and that seemd to fix it. 

Thanks! 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi may be there is some disturbance in settings try to reset your preferences hope it helps you .....regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you have accidentally write protected (locked) this file? Check the preferences/info of the file through the operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first thought was also that the file is write protected (read only).

Besides checking the properties of the file, test if this issue happens with all files, even a new one created in Photoshop, or only a specific file / files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welp, I was WRONG! This was the issue. I had read & write privileges clicked, however I was working on a new machine. So I just clicked R&W for everyone and that seemd to fix it. 

Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. I have write and read priveleges. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows if one add a layer to a flat document like and opened jpg image if you use  menu File>Save  photoshop will switch to Save As to give you the opportunity to save a layered PSD.  You can choose to save a Jpeg and Photoshop will ask if you want to replace the current jpeg on disk. You can and a flat jpeg will be overwrite the current jpeg. The document in Photoshop will still have layers.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True, however, I am working in a layered PSD from the start. Not switching formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines