• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saved jpeg files show wrong creation date - Photoshop

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody get this? Apr 25 I created a poster for a customer save the file as PSD and then a JPG to send to the customer via email.

I noticed the creation date was wrong on the JPG but it was fine on the PSD. So I attempted to save as PNG and that was OK and then I

tried it 3 or 4 times as JPG and there it was: They all had the same creation date and time 4/10/2016 5:51pm.

What gives?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

This sounds normal. For image files, Windows will often go to the image metadata and show the date a photo was taken, because this is what the untrained user expects to happen. They expect their photos to be arranged by the holiday or party it belongs to, even if edited. You can change the display to show the actual file date, but that won't change what other people see.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That does not sound right, because it's not a typical experience.
As the creation date is always 4/10/2016 5:51 PM, could you please let us know the exact version of Photoshop and operating system you're using?

Could you you please check the system's date and make sure that it's set to present day?
You may also try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and see if it helps. Preferences in Photoshop

I also found a forum thread similar to this issue, please check here: Date wrong when saving to JPG

Let us know if it helps.
Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The creation date is not the same as a last modified date. 

Which file manager are you using to check dates?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I was having this same issue, and it was exactly that! My folder was showing date created & had the date modified column hidden. I'm now seeing the date I prefer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File systems keep many date associations with files.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds normal. For image files, Windows will often go to the image metadata and show the date a photo was taken, because this is what the untrained user expects to happen. They expect their photos to be arranged by the holiday or party it belongs to, even if edited. You can change the display to show the actual file date, but that won't change what other people see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines