Highlighted

Saving a file moved in the finder will not save. (MacOS)

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on MacOS 10.15.6 and Photoshop 21.2.1 and have encountered this bug. In previous versions, if you started working on a file in, say, your downloads folder, and while working, you realize it belongs in the client folder, and move it there, Photoshop would miraculously follow where you moved it and successfully save it there (not save as).

Photoshop 21.2.1 does not. In fact, it will hang on saving at 0% and never release the file until you force quit. Yes, I know PS will "recover" the file upon reopen. You also can't "save as" while it is "saving".

The workaround is to duplicate the entire file and then save it with a slightly different name, then force quitting and deleting the "original" 

It is easy to replicate as a bug, please fix it.

(already cross-posted in Feedback.photoshop.com)

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Saving a file moved in the finder will not save. (MacOS)

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on MacOS 10.15.6 and Photoshop 21.2.1 and have encountered this bug. In previous versions, if you started working on a file in, say, your downloads folder, and while working, you realize it belongs in the client folder, and move it there, Photoshop would miraculously follow where you moved it and successfully save it there (not save as).

Photoshop 21.2.1 does not. In fact, it will hang on saving at 0% and never release the file until you force quit. Yes, I know PS will "recover" the file upon reopen. You also can't "save as" while it is "saving".

The workaround is to duplicate the entire file and then save it with a slightly different name, then force quitting and deleting the "original" 

It is easy to replicate as a bug, please fix it.

(already cross-posted in Feedback.photoshop.com)

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 07, 2020 0

Have something to add?