Highlighted

Saving as DNG from Adobe Camera Raw using jsx script

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I want to use a script to iterate trough a bunch of raw (cr2) files and for each file, open them in Adobe Camera Raw, set adjustment properties and then save them as a DNG files. I can successfully run the script, open the files in photoshop and save them as tiff etc. but not as DNG. 

If I manually open one of the raw files, there is a button in the ACR UI called "Convert and save image" which allows me to do this. But when I run the script listener it will not record this action nor do I find any reference to a function to export as DNG in any documentation. 

Hoping that someone here might know how to automate this function.

2020-11-08 22_05_41-Adobe Photoshop 2021.png

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Saving as DNG from Adobe Camera Raw using jsx script

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I want to use a script to iterate trough a bunch of raw (cr2) files and for each file, open them in Adobe Camera Raw, set adjustment properties and then save them as a DNG files. I can successfully run the script, open the files in photoshop and save them as tiff etc. but not as DNG. 

If I manually open one of the raw files, there is a button in the ACR UI called "Convert and save image" which allows me to do this. But when I run the script listener it will not record this action nor do I find any reference to a function to export as DNG in any documentation. 

Hoping that someone here might know how to automate this function.

2020-11-08 22_05_41-Adobe Photoshop 2021.png

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 08, 2020 0

Have something to add?