• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving at a specific file size

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a large image that is greater than 25MB.

I need to save my image as a PNG at 25 MB.

How can I do this?

I tried changing the image dimensions until i got the "Document Sizes" at the bottom of my screen to "24.9M", thinking this was in MB, however, after saving the image, right clicking, and checking the file size in Properties, it was actually 10MB.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

OK. That makes sense.

Do they have maximums on the dimensions of the image in terms of width and height? If they do, and you are already honouring that, then set all the quality settings to their maximum values and don't worry if the file size comes in well under 25Mb.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I ask why you are trying to hit a very particular file size? Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to upload to my wix website and the max file size is 25 MB.

I want it as large of a resolution as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. That makes sense.

Do they have maximums on the dimensions of the image in terms of width and height? If they do, and you are already honouring that, then set all the quality settings to their maximum values and don't worry if the file size comes in well under 25Mb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No maximums on dimensions.

I want to save it at the largest dimensions that meet the 25 MB requirement.

Is there a way to save a file to a specific file size through Photoshop CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Just keep trying with different settings. Keep returning to a saved PSD; do NOT ever reopen the JPEG to try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resolution is meaningless on the web all the matters is the number of pixel you have for your images.  Web Display devices can not change their resolution.   Display are not like printers that can render image at different resolutions. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cp805  wrote

I am trying to upload to my wix website and the max file size is 25 MB.

I want it as large of a resolution as possible.

I don't know how Wix handles image compression, but flickr does terrible damage to your images when downsizing them.  It go so that I  gave up trying to share high res images, because people would only see the downsized version unless they bothered to go to the trouble  of finding the full res image, and the default sized image looked awful.  It was soul destroying.

I'd be testing this before I believed what it says.

Wix Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Document size at the bottom of the Photoshop window is the size in RAM. That is not the same thing as the file size on disk.

Save a Master copy of your document as PSD.

Then use Export - Save for web to export a copy as png or jpeg. You can adjust the settings in that dialogue and see the file size impact at the bottom of the dialogue screen.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a ton, save for web is perfect for this application. You've saved me a lot of time and hassle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also open the image in Lightroom. Their "Save As..." has the option for file size in MB if you scroll down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines