Saving Character Styles across documents in Photoshop?

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why, when I create and save a Character Style in one Photoshop file, does it not appear in the CS palette in other, open files? And why won't the style apply when I've got text selected and click on a character style in the palette?

I work in Photoshop in Windows on a client's Hosted Virtual Desktop. Thanks for your wisdom...someone?

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Windows

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021
Hi Character/Paragraph styles are document specific. You can load styles into the new PS file: Regarding your second question, it should apply the style when you have the text selected and click on that style in the character pallet! Make sure that there is no funny override for example. You can clear the override from within the character pallet flat menu. For what it is worth: if you drag that text layer with a style to another open document that Style will be carried over and be available in...

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Character/Paragraph styles are document specific. You can load styles into the new PS file:

Screenshot 2021-03-25 at 12.09.50.jpg

Regarding your second question, it should apply the style when you have the text selected and click on that style in the character pallet! Make sure that there is no funny override for example. You can clear the override from within the character pallet flat menu.

For what it is worth: if you drag that text layer with a style to another open document that Style will be carried over and be available in the character pallet.

/G

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines