Highlighted

Saving/File extension issue in Photoshop 21.1.0

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community! First time posting here!

I'm using OSX Catalina and I'm running the latest version of Photoshop. I noticed that now when I go to Save for Web (Legacy) Photoshop brings up the Save dialog box and the entire file name and extension are selected (Untitled.jpg). So when I type a file name it deletes the file extension and will not add it "automagically" like before. Save As works fine and so does Save but I like my good old Save for Web! Any other solutions?

Hi there,

Sorry that the Filename and the extension are both getting highlighted while saving a file in Photoshop 2020 "Save for web(legacy)".

We have seen many other reports and this problem has been identified as a known issue. Our engineering team is working towards a fix. Please feel free to add your vote and share your feedback in this discussion  https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/file-name-and-extension-higlight-when-saving-on-osx so our engineers can look into it. 

Thanks,

Akash

Topics

Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Saving/File extension issue in Photoshop 21.1.0

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community! First time posting here!

I'm using OSX Catalina and I'm running the latest version of Photoshop. I noticed that now when I go to Save for Web (Legacy) Photoshop brings up the Save dialog box and the entire file name and extension are selected (Untitled.jpg). So when I type a file name it deletes the file extension and will not add it "automagically" like before. Save As works fine and so does Save but I like my good old Save for Web! Any other solutions?

Hi there,

Sorry that the Filename and the extension are both getting highlighted while saving a file in Photoshop 2020 "Save for web(legacy)".

We have seen many other reports and this problem has been identified as a known issue. Our engineering team is working towards a fix. Please feel free to add your vote and share your feedback in this discussion  https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/file-name-and-extension-higlight-when-saving-on-osx so our engineers can look into it. 

Thanks,

Akash

Topics

Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We have seen many other reports and this problem has been identified as a known issue. Our engineering team is working towards a fix. Please feel free to add your vote and share your feedback in this discussion  https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/file-name-and-extension-higlight-when-saving-... so our engineers can look into it. 

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This STILL hasn't been fixed 21.2.0

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
2stepbay LATEST
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nor in 21.2.2 😡

Issue has been on-going since early 2020. Hard to believe this is such a difficult fix.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using: File > Export > Export As and selecting the format and other details the subsequent dialogue box.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrong. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this "solved" by claiming that it has been identified as a known issue? That's literally the opposite of "solved" as the problem is STILL HAPPENING. This is NOT a "correct answer" and when the heck will this ever be solved?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Could you pelase specify which version of photoshop are you using and how are you trying to save? If this is issue is replicable at your end please share some relevant screenshot. 

Best regards

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. I have yet to see a fix for this yet. There have been several "Save" issues since the 21 release.

- File Extensions are not used unless you physically type them.

- Command+A no longer selects the Filename when saving.

- Command+V no longer pastes to use as filenames.

Yes, we live with the change, but it does affect productivity. And, is really, really annoying. *sigh.

I'm on 21.2.0, but this error has consistently been happening since recent updates in 2020.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines