Highlighted

Saving files is incredibly slow

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to save files, the save dialog box basically freezes the software and I have to wait 10-20 seconds, it used to be instant, but now it takes so long to save just 1 jpg. Any help?

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Performance, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Saving files is incredibly slow

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to save files, the save dialog box basically freezes the software and I have to wait 10-20 seconds, it used to be instant, but now it takes so long to save just 1 jpg. Any help?

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Performance, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @InsomniakMedia,

Seems to be a preferences issue. See thread below.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-file-saving-extremely-slow-in-2002/...

This thread addrressess slowness when saving. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-slow-lags.html

Finally, you can reset preferences by doing the following. NB: This step will toast any customizations you've made to Ps.

• Quit Photoshop.

Hold down the following keyboard shorcut and launch Photoshop:

macOS

• command + option + shift

Windows

• ctrl + alt + shift

Open Photoshop.Click Yes in the dialog that asks "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?"

hth

mj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restarted my computer and it was all fine. thanks anyways

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0