Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving for print, problem with low resolution where i want to print

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I am having problems with saving for print. I have followed a couple different tutorials now. When I upload the photo (jpeg or tiff) to the company I want to order from it says, the resolution is too low and the file size inadequate.. what am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Image > Image Size and let us know what the Width, Height, and Resolution are, as well as how large you want to print the image.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without going into image size, the crop w-h-r is 5-7-300 pixel/inch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a file that same size, and in Image Size I switched the Pixels menu to inches to see how large you can print it. You can print it at 13.923in x 9.283inch at 300px/inch which is a good print resolution. 

If you take the original photo a do a File > Save As and choose JPEG (or TIFF) that would keep all the resolution, so I don't know why they'd say you don't have enough resolution. How are you saving the file? Are you doing anything else to the file like cropping it?

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only cropping I do is in Camera Raw. When I was trying different tutorials for saving some of them did the cropping in Ps and used the crop menu to put in the w-h-r. when I did this it still said the same thing on the website.  I asked another photographer I'm friends with and sent her pics and she said everythign looks fine.. I think I could be misunderstanding the site I'm trying to order from, as the warning signs dont actually appear on the photo I want to order. I have spent many hours researching this the last day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if you're cropping to 5 x 7 at 300 px/inch that's still fine to print at that size. If the other person you sent the files to said they are OK, and they sound OK to me too, maybe there's a problem with the website or some confusing language. Everything sounds and looks fine to me from what I can tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your time 🙂 I've e-mailed the company

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines