Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving from Photoshop CC 2021 to CS6 ?

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, 

Is it possible to save from Photoshop CC 2021 to CS6 or lower versions? Couldn't find anything about it.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSD documents are compatible with earlier versions, what is the issue you are trying to resolve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My client has a lower version of photoshop and has a message error (undetermined data)

about the elements include in the psd file, such as the logos or even the circle/rectangle tools. 

I thought it was because of my recent version, but I can read, with your reply, that is not the case. It never happened to me before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In preferences their is a button to maximize compatability. See screen shot. Make sure you have this checked and than files will open in older versions.Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 9.49.31 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. There is not version option in the Photoshop "save as" window. CS6 is a very old Ps version. If you have a simple image maybe you can open it in CS6 without problem but if you have an image where you use recent features of Photoshop, you could have issues with older versions.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Others have provided some great advice. Because it sounds as though you are dealing with some non-raster-based layers (logos), you may find that you need to rasterize these layers to be backward compatible.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines