• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving photos on my computer - NOT the cloud

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the latest version of PS (22.0.2z) for the Mac - but this didn't solve the problem I had with 21, which is that I can't seem to save photos onto the computer. If I save them to the cloud, I can work on them but not use them in documents. I don't want to use the cloud. Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What format are you saving as?

psdc are always saved to the cloud. Use Save as and save as a psd. That should save locally.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

It wasn't giving me a chance to do anyyyyyyything with it. I'd hit "save to my computer" and nothing would happen. It would just come back to where I started. The only thing I ould save to would be the cloud. But then, photos up on the cloud couldn't be used in my documents...I could manipulate them as desired, but not utilize them. (PS - this site is not letting me yuse ysome letters...as you can see!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds like your Mac has permission issues

when you start with a Psd on your local system, open it and save as back into the same folder with a new name i.e, open example and save it as example2

does the new file arrive in the folder or is it blocked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're right! I had to install an update on the computer, and now it's working. I was having the same problem with myy office computer so myy frustration level was quite high. Also updated that computer, so when I go back to the office, I'm hoping it's solved there too. 

Thank you!

Debra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines