Highlighted

Saving PNG files - black background instead of transparent

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! When saving PNG files from Photoshop (and Illustrator), when I view the files in my file explorer on Windows it shows the PNGs with a black background rather than a transparent one even tho the file itself is transparents when I open it. All other PNGs on my computer are shown with the transparent background - for example anything I download from the web or save even on Adobe Fresco. It's just when saving in photoshop and illustrator. Anyone else experience this problem or know how to fix it? I create black drawing or text PNGs and I need to be able to see them. 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Saving PNG files - black background instead of transparent

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! When saving PNG files from Photoshop (and Illustrator), when I view the files in my file explorer on Windows it shows the PNGs with a black background rather than a transparent one even tho the file itself is transparents when I open it. All other PNGs on my computer are shown with the transparent background - for example anything I download from the web or save even on Adobe Fresco. It's just when saving in photoshop and illustrator. Anyone else experience this problem or know how to fix it? I create black drawing or text PNGs and I need to be able to see them. 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 19, 2020 0

Have something to add?