Highlighted

Saving PSD to PDF and getting warning that fonts using underline cannot be embedded

Participant ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Photoshop for a while, but only now noticed a an issue which is a pretty big deal, that has to do with embedding fonts when saving as a PDF.

Turns out that Photoshop will not embed the fonts of any text box where faux italic, underline or strikethrough Photoshop character styles are applied, through the character pallet. 

I was saving a PSD as a PDF and in the Save Adobe PDF  dialog, under Summary, there's a Warning box that says the following:

Fonts used with faux italic, underline or strikethrough styles cannot be embedded.

When I go ahead and save the PDF, the text box containing the text with underline applied appears as an image. Also, it seems that the font being used in that image is not the same font being used in the PSD.

Is there any way around this?

I have a PSD with several places where text is being underlined. I don't want to have to use the line tool, because edits are being made and I need the underlines to flow with the text.

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Saving PSD to PDF and getting warning that fonts using underline cannot be embedded

Participant ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Photoshop for a while, but only now noticed a an issue which is a pretty big deal, that has to do with embedding fonts when saving as a PDF.

Turns out that Photoshop will not embed the fonts of any text box where faux italic, underline or strikethrough Photoshop character styles are applied, through the character pallet. 

I was saving a PSD as a PDF and in the Save Adobe PDF  dialog, under Summary, there's a Warning box that says the following:

Fonts used with faux italic, underline or strikethrough styles cannot be embedded.

When I go ahead and save the PDF, the text box containing the text with underline applied appears as an image. Also, it seems that the font being used in that image is not the same font being used in the PSD.

Is there any way around this?

I have a PSD with several places where text is being underlined. I don't want to have to use the line tool, because edits are being made and I need the underlines to flow with the text.

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 21, 2020 0

Have something to add?