Highlighted

Saving Smart Object PSDs from raw files in ACR

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows how can I save smart object PSDs from inside ACR? It currently only gives me the option of 'Opening Objects' but I dont want to do this as I often have many images 50-100 and I dont want to open them all in PS and then save them one by one.  (even though I will eventualy go through and make detaiked changes to each file) Thanks

TOPICS
FAQ, How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Saving Smart Object PSDs from raw files in ACR

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows how can I save smart object PSDs from inside ACR? It currently only gives me the option of 'Opening Objects' but I dont want to do this as I often have many images 50-100 and I dont want to open them all in PS and then save them one by one.  (even though I will eventualy go through and make detaiked changes to each file) Thanks

TOPICS
FAQ, How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have many files then batch process can be solution to automate things.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please explain how batch process can help when it comes to saving images from within ACR as Smart Objects? Perhaps you didnt read my question?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you set up ACR to always open as smart object, it can be batched.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, usually I select all my images after making adjustments and then save them as PSDs to a folder. How does this work if I want to make them smart objects?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here:

SO.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, why do I need to batch. Should be simple to just save a bunch of images just like regular PSDs

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 9.29.38 pm.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already selected 'open in photoshop as smart objects' in the preferences dialogue. But I am trying to figure out how to save multiple images as smart object PSDs not just opening one at a time in PS

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I save images (see photo above) it saves the images as regular PSDs

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can not save from ACR with smart object layer. @D Fosse is explaining to you how to force smart object creation when opening images in Photoshop through ACR what is requirement for batch proces. You must open images in Photoshop prior to save them if you want smart object layer with editable adjustments from ACR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind explaing how to create a batch process like this? would it work from Bridge? Thankyou

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0
D Fosse LATEST
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You run batches from Bridge > Tools > Photoshop > Batch.

A batch is an action run on a number of files. So you need to create a small action to Save to PSD in Photoshop.

You can include the save destination in the action, which is often the simplest to manage. In that case you set destination "none" in the batch dialog. Or you can set destination in the batch dialog.

So now all you need to do is select your raw files in Bridge, and launch the batch. They will all end up as smart object PSDs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel you are missing something. ACR is Photoshop plugin which is not capable of creating Smart Object layer when saving PSD file. Only Photoshop can create SO layer inside app or when opening/placing file. Things does not work on level which you need to save directly from ACR as PSD with SO layer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right.... So maybe I need to open my 50 or so smart object PSDs in Photoshop and then batch save and close them? i'll try this. Thanks for you help

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0