• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving stuck at 99%

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Situation: ANY layered file, no matter the size or file type. TIFF, PSD, PSB hangs at 99% while saving for a very long time.

Whether saving back to Lightroom or saving to ANY drive. It happens with files I've created from scratch, it happens with photos that come from Lightroom.

My drives that I've tested: M.2 system drive, Samsung 850 Evo SSD, External G-Drive USB-C, NAS storage system. ALL of them do the same thing.

System Specs:

Intel i7-6900k 3.2 GHz 8-core

ASUS X99 Deluxe II Board

128GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Samsung 850 Evo (1TB) used as a scratch disk

Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 SSD (1TB) used as system drive

10TB USB-C G-Drive (used for storage)

NVIDIA GeForce 1080ti GPU (x2)

Every other application I have runs amazing on my PC. Cinema4D? Runs great. OneCapture? Runs amazing. Davinci Resolve? Amazing. Gaming? All amazing. Lightroom? Amazing. Indesign? Runs well.

This is STRICTLY a PHOTOSHOP issue and not my operating system (up-to-date Windows 10 Home Edition). I've experienced this issue for months. I've even reformatted the PC and reinstalled Windows and reinstalled the latest version of Photoshop and the issue still occurs.

I've already abandoned Premiere in favor or Davinci Resolve due to Premiere being unstable so now with Photoshop clearly having issues and Illustrator being a bloated piece of software that runs like garbage, I'm getting very close to ditching Adobe Creative Cloud

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

This is happening a lot to MacOS Catalina users when saving to exFAT formatted external drives. Then there are a very few users with other configurations reporting the same issue. I think you're the second or third Windows user I've seen.

You can safely assume that this is top priority at Adobe engineering HQ. There's been an avalanche of posts over the last months, hundreds if not thousands.

For the record, most of us don't see this. I use Photoshop for a living, 8 hours a day and then some

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening a lot to MacOS Catalina users when saving to exFAT formatted external drives. Then there are a very few users with other configurations reporting the same issue. I think you're the second or third Windows user I've seen.

You can safely assume that this is top priority at Adobe engineering HQ. There's been an avalanche of posts over the last months, hundreds if not thousands.

For the record, most of us don't see this. I use Photoshop for a living, 8 hours a day and then some, and I haven't seen this even when deliberately trying. I'm not denying there's an underlying issue here, there clearly is, but it seems to be triggered by special conditions that they haven't been able to pinpoint yet.

My two working machines are very similar configurations to yours.

For now, the best thing for you to do is report on the feedback forum. This is the official bug report channel. Include as much specific information as you can and/or a reproducible case.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can recreate the problem by loading several photographs as layers in Photoshop. Then apply stacking. When saving it stucks  at 99%. Klicking on the 'x'  next the photo resolves the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue. It's somewhat random but happens very regularly. Why is this marked solved? 

I'm running on a Windows machine. Like the original poster, I too have ditched Premiere in a favor of Davinci Resolve. Lightroom doesn't give me issues, but round tripping to PS does about 90% of the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, running win10 64bit machine. I do use external drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this marked as solved?  This continues to be a huge issue that is absolutely prohibiting me from using Photoshop as an external editor from Lightroom.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also still have this issue. A year later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I report having the same problem using Ventura 13.2.1 (22D68), saving to an external array. Rather annoying, any suggestions will be appreciated. This issue is not resolved.

MacOS 13.2.1 Ventura>System: MacMini 2018, 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7<br />macOS 13.2.1 Ventura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats because its not an issue. Photoshop has never supported saving directly to external sources. Save local and drag over.
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/networks-removable-media-photoshop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does that include an array directly connected to my computer via USB-C connection? Isn't that considered a local hard disk? Thanks.

MacOS 13.2.1 Ventura>System: MacMini 2018, 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7<br />macOS 13.2.1 Ventura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines