• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scale brush dynamics to path

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using brush shape dynamics fade setting to create a nice paint brush effect, however, the fade setting is fixed which means I have to adjust it for every line I draw. It is even worse when using this with paths.

The whole process is:

- create path

- switch back to brush mode

- guess the length of the path and set fade value accordingly

- switch back to path mode

- stroke path

- delete path so I can see the result and hope I guessed correctly

Doing this for every single line is quite tedious. Is there any way to scale the brush settigs automatically? Or can anyone suggest a better process to create fading lines of varying lengths?

(by the way - those mandatory tags don't work in Pale Moon browser. Cannot select one. Can this be fixed?)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're realyl primarily stroking paths, then moving on to illustrator would have to be the answer. It has the exact reverse behavior and scales custom brushes/ strokes to the length of the path as you want it to be, obviously. You may just not be able to re-create other fancies that PS' brush engine offers.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I expect you're right that Illustrator would be a better tool for doing this, but since I only have Photoshop at the moment, that's a rather expensive solution. Especially as PS can produce an acceptable result, it's just a really slow process to get there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So playing around with this some more, I can use "simulate pressure" when I stroke the path and this scales the brush according to the path, however, it does it from both ends. Is there any way to make it only scale from one end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines