• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scale user interface grayed out, everything stays tiny at 50% (iMac 27")

New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a big problem and i askes many ppl who work with PS but noone can help me. I have a normal iMac (Big Sure, 27") and i bought the latest PS view days ago. Now, whatever i open, no matter if its one of my PSD Web-Layouts, a new RAW-Photo or just a new plain document, all the pictures are very tiny. The toolbars a small too, but thats fine, doesnt seem to small. But all pictures open like 50% of the size. If i zoom them to 200% they are 1:1 for the screen as they used to be with my old PS for many years.  For example my web-Layouts are 72 DPI and they used to be 1:1 the size in PS and online. 

The option "Scale user interface" at the main settings is deactivated and i cant choose anything. As i found out THIS is the option i need to change to 200% to make the documents open with 1:1 screen size. But how if this is not activated? I simply cant use PS that way when all pictures are that small. 

I found many pages were ppl report the same problem. Thats how i found out about this option above. 

Still running the 7 days test-version. Does ist unlock when i buy it? (makes no sence to me, but maybe?)

I cant believe i am the only one out there using PS on the Mac with this problem?

Can someone help me out?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update is having issues recognizing mid-range GPUs. Try installing the previous version of Photoshop and see if the issue persists. Adobe is aware of this issue and is working on a fix. In the meantime, this is the recommended action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Kevin, thank you so much for your reply. I bought latest version online ... do i have to pay again or just uninstall und install ... but from where do i get the previews version and how is it working with the registration than? Can you or someone else explain or is there a link? Thank you for the support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can roll back using the following instructions:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't have to pay again - that is a benefit of the cloud. "Registration" is no longer a thing- you log in with your Adobe ID and it authenticates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines