Highlighted

Scaling a pattern swatch in Photoshop CC 2019

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have been trying to figure out how to scale down a repeatable pattern swatch. When I test the pattern using a new fill layer, I can adjust the scale, of course, but I cannot figure out how to actually save the swatch in the scaled down view. I've been able to fill a new document with the scaled down pattern, but when a use Define Pattern, that pattern is not repeatable. (After trying in various POD sites.)

Does anyone know how to scale down the pattern swatch and make it repeat?

Thanks much,

Jennifer

Topics

How to, Make It, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Scaling a pattern swatch in Photoshop CC 2019

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have been trying to figure out how to scale down a repeatable pattern swatch. When I test the pattern using a new fill layer, I can adjust the scale, of course, but I cannot figure out how to actually save the swatch in the scaled down view. I've been able to fill a new document with the scaled down pattern, but when a use Define Pattern, that pattern is not repeatable. (After trying in various POD sites.)

Does anyone know how to scale down the pattern swatch and make it repeat?

Thanks much,

Jennifer

Topics

How to, Make It, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hover over the pattern thumbnail to find the dimensions of an individual tile. Make a new doc that size, and fill with that pattern.Scale the doc with image size, and then Edit > Define Pattern.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Semaphoric-PLXibM ,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not able to see any details when I hover over these tiles. Nothing happens. Is there another place I should be looking to hover over the tiles? Thanks!

thumbnails.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, look in Edit > Preferences > Tools, and make sure "Show Tool Tips" is checked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0