• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scratch disc issues

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Photoshop since October with no issues until very recently. While performing actions and saving it keeps telling me that it can not complete as scratch disc is full. I have tried several remedies that have been suggested, including purge all, but with no success. Photoshop is installed on a Windows 10,  2 in 1 laptop so I'm wondering if that is the problem. Any help with be gratefully received.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much free space do you have on the disk you have allocated for scratch use? Scratch files can easily reach 100 GB

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't allocate it, it was automatic when I downloaded Photoshop. How do find that out? Everything that I produce is saved externally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has nothing to do with where you store your image files. Scratch disk is disk space that Photoshop uses as working memory alongside RAM. 

You can see which disk(s) are allocated to scratch in Preferences - Scratch Disk

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines