• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

scratch disk error photoshop 2021

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything trying to get rid of the scratch disk full error, deleted temp files, deleted downloads, checked the adobe website and many others and tried everything and nothing works. It is saying the selected scratch disk is full but it also says there is 5.1 GB free space in the scratch disk. I have tried doing the ctrl alt when starting up and there is no other scratch disk to change to so that didn't help. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have run the windows disk cleanup and got rid of over 5 gb of data and it still doesnt work as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having the same issue right now i have tried unclicking but it doesnt even do that i clicked the link to find out more on scratch disk and nothing it said do is working it wont even load photoshop for me it goes straight to this error i am trying to chat with some one but its taking forever if i get any wherebi will msg back here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling, no luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same issue. i had under 6GB of free space (i had about 16gb of total HD space available). i found that when i connected my time machine and made it secondary scratch disk, issue solved.

How much space do you have available in your HD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop eats 7GB of free space on my PC just starting it,  IMO if you want  to use Photoshop you need 80+GB of free space. You may not even be able to start Photoshop if you only have 6GB of Free space. Operating systems also required free space for Paging and Temp files.  6GB is nothing these days.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whats a time machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@kimberly5EF5  asked: "Whats a time machine?

Time Machine is a utility that is included with MacOS that creates automatic incremental backups.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201250

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to free up space or add another disk to use as scratch. 5GB is nowhere near enough space, here Photoshop starts with over 5GB of scratch before I open a single file. When working it can easily use 100GB.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines