• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scratch Disk Error with Liquify tool

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted yesterday but didn't hear anything. 

So here it is again,

I am workng on a Windows 10, with Photoshop version 22.11. I am running into the issue of the Liquify tool, giving me a message saying "could not complete the liquify command because of a disk error photoshop" I have checked my scratch disk space, and I have plenty of room on both of my hard drives, I have 64gb of ram, and all 70% usages to Photoshop. I for the life of me, can no figure out what the issue is.

Things I have tried;

Cleared space on both hard drives

cleared my temp files
switched scratch disks on start up

unintalled photoshop, reinstalled it

moved photoshop from one hard to another

Checked to make sure my hard drives where running properply (they are)

Checked to make sure windows was running properply (it is)

I have been on so many fourms, help posts, and I can't figure out the issue. I will attach screen shots. Please help, I work in Photoshop every day, and I need the Liquify tool to work properly.  

Capture3.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

   

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen this happen in the case of external drives with some bad sectors.   Try formatting the external drive and re-assigning it as a scratch disk.  

ICC programmer and developer, Photographer, artist and color management expert, Print standards and process expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I did when having this issue, it fixed my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not using an external drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your screen shot ther are 2 drives selected for scratch space.   One of them is not usable due to a very small size available or corruptions.  What is the second drive selected for scratch space?

ICC programmer and developer, Photographer, artist and color management expert, Print standards and process expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have over 339 gb available on one, and 228gb on the other, that's not enough space? I have tried using either or, and both, and I still have the issue regardless if I have one checked, or both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I said initially it's that there are bad sectors in one of the disks and not about the available space.  Clear and reformat one or both should solve the problem.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines