Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scratch Disk Full

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I go to open a specific file 385 meg, it goes to load and at the end, I get a message saying Scratch Disk Full and can't open.

I can open small images.

Tried all the suggestions of resetting preferences, purge, changing scratch disk, etc.

On a Mac, High Sierra v 10.13.6 and using ChromeBrowser.

Everything is up to date.

How can I fix this?

Thanks, Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Connect a second disk'hold down the command and option and start Photoshop, you will see this

I hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Yes had tried that and the other standard solutions and it does not solve the issue.

i also only have StartUp and my MAC Hard Drve as options (HD has 15gig free)) it defaults to HD so plenty of space. So doing this was not a solution.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say you “tried that”. You connected a second disk and in the options chose it instead of the startup disk? How much space was on the new disk?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

15GB is not a lot of space for a scratch disk, bearing in mind that your operating system will also swap files with the disk.

However , just to check, if you want to post, or PM me, a link to the specific file I would be happy to try it here just to ensure it is not something about the file.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines