Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scratch Disk - Full

Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop CC 2018 on my Imac. I do many projects but recently I try to open Photoshop I get an error that the scratch disks are full. My backup is with the "Imac Macintosh HD" How do I correct this, if I need an external hard drive, will this fix the problem? By the way, I also don't understand what it does, would someone be able to explain it? Thanks in advance.Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 21.03.44.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You only have 42GB free space left on your system drive. That's not much. You really should free up some space - not just for Photoshop, but for your entire system's present and future performance. A system drive should never be allowed to fill up beyond 60% or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice, i've been through my Imac storage yesterday and everything I need is on. Should I look into getting a external hard drive, Do you have any in mind if so?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

disk.jpg

Hello! I have the same problem. But as you can see, 281 GB is also not enough. I have 10k image open, one layer, no blend modes just retouching with stamp tool. It's a bot ridiculous situation, when "only" 42GB is not enough for your photo editor. Not 42 MB, but 42 gigs! 42 000 MB!!! My original jpg is 21MB only?!

But when it comes to 281 GB, i don't know what to think anymore. Is it.. normal? Any help would be nice.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue too - whenever I open photoshop or try and do even a little work on a file I get the dreaded 'scratch disks are full' response. Can someone please help??

Thanks,

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly how much space do you have for the scratch disk, can you please provide as much information as possible, saying "I'm having this issue too" without giving any details is not going to help us to help you.

If you're on a MAC take a look here

Scratch Disks are Full. How to Clear Your Scratch Disk in 3 Steps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'd like to know which dot version of Photoshop you are running?

Try to update to 19.1.4 to see if it fixes the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a turd of an issue that persists and will dog you for ever. Try a difrent program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is a professional application. It is the user's responsibility to make sure it has enough resources to run. Disk space is critical. That's nothing special for Photoshop, but would apply to any high-end pixel-based image editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When making a NEW image, check the resolution. Mine was kicked up to 300 which is absurd. This should fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

Do also check the unit for the height and width, pixels is not the same as CM or IN, especially at 300 ppi!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines