Highlighted

Scratch Disk Issue

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to open photoshop, but it keeps crashing as soon as I open the program. I keep getting the following error:

Could not open  a scratch file in "/var/folders/xk/xk3gxt7x23scyldkv8wn94pr0000gn/T/TemporaryItems/Adobe Photoshop 2020/" because of a disk error.

I've got enough memory space, I tried switching the scratch disk to an external drive. 

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Scratch Disk Issue

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to open photoshop, but it keeps crashing as soon as I open the program. I keep getting the following error:

Could not open  a scratch file in "/var/folders/xk/xk3gxt7x23scyldkv8wn94pr0000gn/T/TemporaryItems/Adobe Photoshop 2020/" because of a disk error.

I've got enough memory space, I tried switching the scratch disk to an external drive. 

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 03, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any actual system info we can't tell you much. That folder in the warning is clearly not a regular physical path, so something is seriously wonky. Also start by trashing the PS preferences of course to eradicate any stored info to wrong paths...

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0