• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scratch disk issues

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read how to change the scratch disk for photoshop but when I get to that screen it will not let me deselct the scratch disk selected in order to change it. It is currently set to the startup disk. Help! I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program which did nothing. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many discs you have listed. Ps must have one disc as scratch, it won't let you deselect the only one that is available. If you have multiple listed try to select some other. You can also try to hold Alt + Ctrl while starting Photoshop to change scratch disc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get to the screen where it lists the scratch disk but I dont see how to add one so that I have the option to change. Thanks for the quick reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Windows or Mac with latest release of Photoshop? It shoud detect any connected disc, if not try restarting Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac with latest Photoshop. Maybe I dont have another available drive? Sorry for a stupid question but would I have had to add a drive to have that available? I am trying to go through and delete cache data in hopes that helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many discs you have connected? Do you have external drive connected?

Sorry for my stupid quaetion, why you want to change scratch disc, is your primary disc full or you do not have enough space available? Try to connect externa drive, restart Photoshop and see if that help something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, which computer are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines