Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scratch Disk not showing the correct amount of space

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I will keep it simple. My new LaCie hard drive is not showing the correct amount of space on photoshop. I have even reformated the harddrive uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop and it is still not showing the correct amount of space.

Macbook pro 2015

Screenshot 2021-03-27 at 21.08.15.png

Screenshot 2021-03-27 at 21.09.31.png

Any help would be amazing! 

Many thanks 🙂 

  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

A couple of questions for you...What version of Photoshop are you running? What OS are you running on your Mac? Is your LaCie drive partitioned? And, is the drive empty, or do you have other files on it?

Please give us a little more info so we can help you more effectively.

Thanks!

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hii!

Photoshop 22.3.0 Release. Running on MacOS Catalina version 10.15.3. LaCie is not partitioned and it was empty but I added about 3GB of files. I reformatted it HFS+ (Mac OS Extended Journaled).

Many thanks,

Ebun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And formatted to what file system? It has to be HFS+ or APFS. exFAT doesn't work well with later MacOS versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I observe that Photoshop is showing exactly the same amount of free space as the system drive, so something is surely confused. I have seen one other report if this in the forums. I have no suggestions on what to do next, except to try different PS versions to see if it is a version specific bug. And of course to report the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

This is very odd and I just have a few additional questions--your hard disk space is only 15+ gigs -- is that correct? Or do you also have more open disk space than Photoshop is recognizing? If you only have 15 gigs available on your internal HD, I would definitely recommend clearing up some space on your main drive. Only having 15 gigs of space available on your HD can definitely be an issue in trying to open files or do anything in PS. Then restart Photoshop and see if anything changes. 

In any case, as Test Screen Name suggested above, I would submit this as a bug. Here is the form: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Let us know what happens!

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines