• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

scratch disk problems

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

every time I open photoshop it says that my scratch discs are full however I have 4.5 GB left but I also can't switch my disc either

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4.5 GB is nothing at all, I can fill that up in fifteen seconds.

You really need to free up space ASAP, or you will soon have bigger problems than Photoshop. Your whole machine can freeze up at any moment. Consider this an early warning.

A Photoshop scratch file can in some cases be 100 - 200 GB or more. Photoshop moves huge amounts of data around, and it has to store it temporarily somewhere. That's the scratch disk.

You should have at least 150 GB free disk space to run Photoshop, preferably more. That this isn't even mentioned in the published system requirements is a rather glaring omission.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since I can for some reason only pick 1 scratch disk that specific scratch disk has low storage however my laptop has almost 50 GB left

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop uses 5.3GB of scratch space here , before I open a single document. So 4.5GB free is nowhere near enough.

If you have another disk you can use, press Ctrl+Alt (Cmd+Opt on Mac) as you open Photoshop and you will get the option to set the scratch disk there. Otherwise you are just going to have to free up space on your existing disk.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have tried that but for some reason I can only choose 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines