Scratch disks are full ! How to change settings

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I got an error that my scratch disks are full when I try to open a file in Photoshop. I searched and it said I could change the free space from 6 GB to 1.5GB here at this link

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/scratch-disks-preferences.html#Troubleshootscratchdisksarefu...

But when I open Preferences, I cannot select or deselect the active check box to a smaller amount.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

TOPICS
Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Scratch disks are full ! How to change settings

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I got an error that my scratch disks are full when I try to open a file in Photoshop. I searched and it said I could change the free space from 6 GB to 1.5GB here at this link

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/scratch-disks-preferences.html#Troubleshootscratchdisksarefu...

But when I open Preferences, I cannot select or deselect the active check box to a smaller amount.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

TOPICS
Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If you only have 6GB of free space for the scratch disk you're going to run into issues on an operating system level never mind Photoshop, you need to free up space on your system drive, you really need at least 100GB of free space for the scratch disk.

Do you have other drives available, what do you see when you open up the scratch disk preferences

2020-11-30 08_28_22-Adobe Photoshop 2021.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 0