• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scratch Disks are full

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, Photoshop is telling me my scratch disks are full but I'm a little confused because it's telling me there is 4.94GB of free space left. How can I fix this? This isn't the first time this has happened and even after trying nearly everything I gave up. Eventually, the scratch disks just, weren't a problem anymore and after like 4 days of using Ps it has happened again and now I can't do anything on photoshop

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 7.19.32 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, try to remove extra applications from your main drive of the computer so it will have more space or remove temporary files using Ccleaner tool this happens when you open larger files in Photoshop...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I uninstalled about 4 Adobe, 4 Microsoft, and 2 smaller apps, and I got my scratch disks freed up to 18.76GB. What else can I do? I only have a laptop, but is there a way to change the scratch disks to an external source (other than my hard drive)? What kind of source would that be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing to be confused about. 4.94 GB is nothing! Your disk really is full, and you risk much bigger problems if you don't clear out space ASAP. Your whole machine can freeze up at any moment.

4.94 GB can be gone in fifteen seconds. Photoshop scratch files can easily grow to 100 GB or more. Personally I would never work with less than 500 GB free space for scratch.

Raster image editing moves huge amounts of data around, much more than any RAM you may have installed. So temporary working data are written to disk. This is the scratch disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes so much sense now! I initially thought scratch disks were like RAM, so I figured 4.94GB should be enough. Thank you for helping me understand this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines