Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scratch disks are full

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My photoshop is refusing to let me add any pdf images or save any finshed work as its telling me my scrath disks are full.

I have tried running the program with no other adobe apps open, ive also tried reducing my history from 50 to 20 but its still not working.

I watched a vgideo online and it said to delete the files in the disk being used but i cant find that dick on my computer anywhere.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your hard drive is full. You need to make room. Start backing up / deleting files off your hard drive. You should have at least 30% free space at all times. Sadly, hard drives are getting smaller and smaller these days with availability of storing in the cloud and this is a very common problem for those small hard drives. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Sadly, hard drives are getting smaller and smaller"

I thought they where getting bigger, I remember my first SSD was only 64GB and now you can get 8TB SSD's, It's the same with HDD's

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My new Macbook Pro only has 1 TB - my old iMac started life with 3TB - a few hard drives later it's down to 2TB. My daughter's 13" Macbook Pro I bought her for xmas last year from Costco only has 256GB. I don't know what I would do without Dropbox and OneDrive. I guess I would go back to external drives... I have a million of those laying around my office, unused with who knows what on them. Unreliable hunks of metal and moving parts ;P.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've only a 500GB SSD on my PC but I have 373GB of that free, only have the OS and apps on that, I have another 256GB SSD for the scratch disk.

2 internal 4TB HDD drives, one for storage and the other to backup the storage and an external 4TB to backup the backup, probably overkill 😀

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya, thank you so much for your responce. How do i find this hard drive? I cant find it on my files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Windows Explorer to "This PC". There you will see something similar to this:

system_disk.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

How much space do you have available for the scratch disk, in Photoshop preferences look at the Free Space bit

2020-10-16 15_32_50-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As others have mentioned, your hard drive is probably full. As you move files to an external hard drive and delete the files, make sure to empty the trash. Files within the Trash are still on your computer until it is emptied.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines