• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

scratch disks

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so for about a month ive been repeatedly seeing messages from photoshop telling me it cant complete a task because the scratch disks are full. I tried to search through posts with similar issues and most just gave direction to where you can find the scratch disks list...but nothing more.

I even tried getting an external hard drive of 2TB and configured that to be an alternate scratch disk which worked for about a day, and now I keep seeing the same message preventing me to even save a file now.

Everytime i get the message i check my scratch disks and theres plenty of space available!

How can i fix this??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"and theres plenty of space available!"

How much free space is there when you get the message? Photoshop scratch files can be very large, opening Photoshop without a file open here starts with scratch around 5GB but it can reach several 100 GBs depending on the document size and what functions are being used.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, some users did not realize that they use the wrong unit on the new document. A 4K inches document at 300ppi can be huge...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using my external hard drive as a scratch disk, i have around 1900 gb available! and im usually working on one file at a time, usually 11x17 in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the size of your image in pixels please? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the file im working on rn is 1440 x 2160

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. Ok, let's try this. Please first check the free space on your internal disk and external disk. (Please note it down or screen shot it). Now, run in Photoshop and stop WITH THE MESSAGE ABOUT SCRATCH DISK ON SCREEN. Do NOT click OK on the message yet. Next, please check the free space again on your internal disk and external disk - note or screen shot. Then please post that info here. Also, please include a screen shot of your Scratch Disk preferences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines