• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen flashes black when selecting text on a path or text commit in Photoshop 21.2 on macOS 10.15.5

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like sometign just updated on my Photoshop and now every time I select any text to edit or hit the 'Tick' to commit the chnage my screen flashes black ... I use Photoshop for a lot of text editting ... it's so bad it's giving me a migraine

On further testign it does seem to be just on text which is on a path as opposed to just standard text

Any ideas?

I'm on:

iMac 27 inch 2013

MacOS Catainea 10.15.5

NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1GB

Photoshop version 21.2.0

Its absolutley unbearable to try and work around and seems to have just started to happen today and Ive noticed the icon for Photoshop has also changed today so can only assume my Photoshop has updated and the update caused this wierd black flashing

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop.

Please try toggling Legacy Compositing ON/OFF from Photoshop by going to the Preferences, then Performance. Also, please ensure that the option to Use Graphics Processor is enabled. Once done, quit and relaunch Photoshop.

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried that, Nikunj, but the Use Graphics Processor option is greyed out .. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 2.29.01 PM.png

Thanks for any help you can offer — all this flashing of the screen is for the birds!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines